Bonding Instructions for Mosites #10320
Some applications for Mosites #10320 may require that the material be bonded to an aluminum surface. This can be done quite easily during the vulcanization process using the following recommendations.
- Clean the aluminum surface to be bonded to remove any machine oil or dirt that could interfere with the bond.
- Abrade the surface of the aluminum by sand blasting or hand sanding with sand paper or emery cloth.
- Rinse this abraded surface to remove any loose particles left from the sanding process.
- Prime the abraded, aluminum surface with 3M Dynamar FC-5150 Metal Bonding Agent. Allow the primed surface to dry for at least 30 minutes before proceeding with the cure cycle.
- Place the uncured sheet of Mosites #10320 over the primed surface. Cover with a reusable vacuum blanket or film bag to apply adequate pressure and air removal. Autoclave cure as per recommended curing instructions.